Saturday, August 22, 2015

New skin care routine

I have been extremely sick for the past week so apart from dying on the sofa, Youtube and my external hard drive have been my life. There was one Youtube video in particular that I watched about a night time skincare routine and it made me realise how wrong I have been doing it for so long.
Each morning I would cleanse my face, put moisturiser on my face then go straight in to putting makeup on. At night I would use makeup remover to get everything off my face then moisture and go straight to bed. That there is pretty much the lazy girl's guide to skincare. Effective, but definitely not so great for the skin.

But anyway, this Youtube video talked about the proper way to treat your skin in both the morning and night and it has definitely opened my eyes. This blog is where the gold mine of information came from, and I thought I should share what I have learnt. I have changed up my skincare routine since watching the video and reading the blog and have already been seeing the benefits!

Morning skin care routine:

Cleanse Use a facial cleanser and a flannel first off in the morning to get rid of any impurities and to freshen the face up
Toner This step is to strip off any dead skin, and is also very refreshing.
Spray hydrate I find this step optional as it is only really there to get some extra moisture in to your skin in the morning.
Eye cream This can be applied both under and above the eye area.
Serum or oil (I prefer serum personally) This step is super important in terms of hydrating your skin and making it feel super smooth.
Moisturiser Just a small layer of this is needed once the serum or oil has soaked in.  
SPF If required.

Night time skin care routine:

This one is almost identical to the morning routine.
Pre-cleanse This step is where you remove your make up before you actually start cleansing your face. I am a huge fan of micellar cleanser (I think that is the name) and I use one by Garnier, which is a lot cheaper than Bioderma.
Cleanse
Toner
Spray hydrate
Eye cream
Serum or oil
Night cream This step is a little different. Night cream is specifically made to put on at night after cleansing your face (which is pretty self-explanatory in the name), and should keep your skin nice and soft during the night.

So there you go, the holy grail to skin care! I know it sounds like a lot at first, but I skip the spray hydrate step and only do the eye cream step in the morning. Once you get the hang of it, the whole routine definitely becomes a lot easier and quicker. I definitely had to update my skin care collection because I didn't own quite a few of these products but I really do think it will be worth it in the long run, and there's nothing better than having a smooth, pimple-free face every day :)
Enjoy!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment