Monday, August 25, 2014

25.08.14







I am home on holidays at the moment and it has been so good not to worry about lectures! Unfortunately I still have assignments to work on.. but you have to take the negatives with the positives.
Apart from being home in Sydney, college has been so hectic lately. On top of my studies, I have been working on an application for the senior academic mentor position at my college next year. I ended up getting an interview, and from there I got the position (!!). So after having my mind set on moving away from college, my plans have now changed a bit. Sam has to move away from Armidale for his course next year because it is joint with another university, and all the Armidale students move once they begin their fourth year. So this does mean that I will have to be in a long-distance relationship for next year, but I think only one year vs. however long Sam and I have together makes me feel better about it. Plus I am going to make sure I see him at least once a month, because for me the people you love are always a priority.
Otherwise, college has been busy with a few functions like ball, which was such an amazing night might I add. It was also Sam's birthday last week and we went out for dinner at a restaurant in town called the Powerhouse. I had salmon and a cocktail and I had not had food that delicious in ages!

This week I watched the new Inbetweeners movie with my dad and Claire, started planning a trip to Tasmania at the end of the year with Claire, got a present in the mail from Flick which was a congratulations for getting senior academic mentor (she got me organic chocolate coated raspberry licorice.. so delicious!!) caught up with Sarah at the mall for lunch, did some clothes shopping, caught up with Chantelle and met her baby Caiden for the first time, and went for a walk by the beach today.
On Wednesday, my mum is getting back to Australia so I will be getting up at 5am to pick her up. Before that though, I just have some assignment work to do.

Anyway, that is all the updates I can think of right now. I hope you have all had a splendid weekend and a great start to the week. I will try and update a bit more frequently than I have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment