Thursday, August 30, 2012

Europe trip: Switzerland









Switzerland was one of the countries I hadn't given much thought about visiting, but by far the country that surprised me the most in terms of its beauty. The campsite we stayed at in Lauterbrunnen was my favourite out of all the destinations and was surrounded by massive mountains that was the best view I've ever woken up to. A group of people and myself visited Trummelbach Falls during one of our days  in Switzerland then later took a train in to a larger town called Interlacken (spelling is probably 100% wrong). Over there we just wandered around looking at the scenery and in shops, sat by the water, and stopped at a place for lunch, where I ate a really good sausage salad, before we returned back to our campsite. There was an underground club especially for people on Contiki at the campsite and we had a party with a Switzerland theme that night which was probably my favourite night out of the whole trip. Switzerland is one of the countries I visited that I would absolutely love to go back to because I feel like there is so much more I want to see there. Anyone going to Europe, I definitely recommend Switzerland.

Next stop: French Riviera.

No comments:

Post a Comment