Tuesday, July 5, 2011

let's party like it's your birthday

I have been away from home since Sunday morning spending time with friends and I can't even remember the last time I had a good nights sleep, but I guess sacrifices have to be made if you want to go out and have a good time.
It just so happens to be my dad's birthday today and I got him a book voucher and an itunes voucher which was clearly out-shined by my brothers present for him which was a brand spanking new camera :|
My mum and I are off to the shops soon to buy some ingredients for a tiramisu we plan to make for my dad so we can surprise him once he comes home from work. Let's hope this will give me some more brownie points after feeling like I failed in the present department..


INGREDIENTS

  • Vegetarian
  • 20 - 30 savoiardi biscuits/sponge fingers
 A) For the cream:
  • 250g mascarpone or Philadelphia cream cheese
  • 200ml whipping cream
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
B) For the syrup:
  • 150ml fresh milk
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp coffee powder (optional)
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • Cocoa powder for dusting

METHOD

Serves: 6
Cream:
  1. Beat mascarpone/cream cheese with 1/2cup of sugar till creamy.
  2. In another bowl, beat whipping cream with 1/2cup of sugar till stiff. Then pour it into mascarpone bowl.
  3. Add vanilla essence and mix them till combined. Syrup: Mix well all ingredients in a bowl.

  1. Prepare a 8x8in or 9x9in dish or rectangular dish.
  2. Dip the biscuits in the syrup, one by one and place them in the dish (how to arrange them is up to you!).
  3. Dust some cocoa powder on top of the biscuits, then pour 1/2 of the cream on the biscuits.
  4. For 2nd layer, repeat step 2 & 3, finish up all the balance of the cream.
  5. Dusting as much cocoa powder as you like on the 2nd layer!.
  6. Refrigerated overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment