Sunday, June 14, 2015

Holidays

I have been so bad at blogging this year.. But this year has just been absolutely insane with uni, college and working. Some pretty big changes in my life since I last made a post though: I now have a car and my P's for that matter. Freedom has never felt so good! I have also finished trimester 1 at uni, meaning I only have one more trimester left of my undergraduate degree.

Time has gone way too quickly since I moved up to Armidale. It is crazy to think how much has happened and how much I have changed since the day I embarked on a 7 hour drive to a place I had never heard of before I applied to do a Bachelor of Psychology with Honours there, had never been to, and where I knew absolutely no one. But despite a lot of ups and downs since then, I could not be happier with my decision to move there. It has really opened up my eyes to how rewarding it can be to just drop everything and follow your heart. To just let go and let my sense of adventure take over.

Lately, I have been wanting more than anything to just go someplace new again, meet new people, be by myself and as stereotypical as it sounds, just discover myself. The only thing that is stopping me is the cost that it would take to make this happen. So if anyone is willing to make a large donation ;)...
I am however being more realistic and aiming to do postgraduate study elsewhere, which would still allow me to do something new and different and something that would put me a bit out of my comfort zone. I'm just kind of bored I suppose, and have fallen in to a pattern. I still feel young, and feel like it is way too early for me settle down in to a pattern and follow a path that everyone is eventually expected to go down. The pattern is nice sometimes, and it definitely has its moments. But I just need something more. I suppose I am confused, and torn, and just need to put myself out there to find out what it is I really want.
I don't even know if any of that made sense, but I am just trying to put my very jumbled thoughts in to words. Life is just way too short to feel unhappy or to spend time being confused over something so trivial.
Sometimes it's good to just do something that scares us.

Anyway, this post turned out a bit differently to what I expected. But I am kind of sick of holding myself back. I want this to be a place where I can express everything and anything. Things that make me happy, things that make me angry or sad, things that I like and love, and even things that confuse me.

So, if anyone has any tips about good universities in England or Ireland let me know!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment