Thursday, November 13, 2014

Tasmania











I apologise for the constant blog header changing, I just cannot find a picture that I am happy with for some reason. I will get there eventually though..

Anyway, I thought now was the perfect time, while I am indoors on a hot day procrastinating, to write a post about Tasmania.
I will just write a quick re-cap of each day, but I just want to say first that I 100% recommend Tasmania as a place to see. There is so much more to do there than you think and the landscape is just so beautiful.

Here's what we did:

Day 1: Claire and I arrived and met my cousin and her husband in town then went to a cute French cafe close to the water where I had a croque monsieur as an early lunch. Claire and I then went in to the Mawson expedition hut and finally made it to MONA which lived up to all the hype everyone was giving it. So many interesting things there!

Day 2: We headed out to Port Arthur with my cousin and her 20 month old daughter this day where we looked around, went on a boat tour, went on a guided tour and had a picnic for lunch.

Day 3: This was our last full day in Hobart so we went a bit out of town to Mount field national park. I also had the most amazing hot chocolate and custard tart in a cafe in New Norfolk, where my cousin works, before we drove out. We did a two hour walk at the national park where there were some amazing waterfalls (and even a snake that we happened to encounter). We also drove up to a big lake in the national park and stopped off at a whisky distillery on the way back.

Day 4: Before heading out to Launceston Claire and I went to Salamanca markets in the morning and bought the most amazing ice creams (made in Tasmania) and we both also got some cool t-shirts while we were there.
We made it to the backpackers in Launceston around lunch time, then spent the afternoon at Cataract gorge which was so amazing. For dinner, we went out to a pub and then headed to a cider bar after and a club a bit later on.

Day 5: Claire and I had a nice breakfast at a cafe near the hostel, then went to QVmag museum which was right next door. Afterwards, we went through city park where there was a monkey enclosure and a conservatory before heading to lunch with Zarah and her mum at a cafe with the most amazing food! In the afternoon we were picked up by my dad's friend and had a BBQ dinner at their place. Definitely the happiest day for my stomach of the trip :))

Day 6: Today was our last day so we decided to just wander around town and do a bit of shopping. We stopped off for an iced chocolate, and iced coffee for Claire, at a cafe that was also a shop with the coolest handmade things. I ended up getting part of Sam's christmas present there because I just could not resist! We looked through some shops along the main street and I got a top and jumper for myself and some honey to bring home for mum and dad.
We had lunch in a park this day and also decided to check out the art gallery in town, which ended up being quite interesting.
We found out our flight was delayed by an hour when we reached the airport, but that did give me some time to do some readings for trimester 3 which I had not touched all week.

So all in all, I had an amazing week and I am so happy that Claire and I decided to go away on holidays. I can't wait to start planning another exciting adventure someplace else!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment