Saturday, January 5, 2013

Europe trip: Venice










So I found my camera but it's out of battery and I have no idea where the charger is, so yet again, pictures from Facebook are going to have to do.
In Venice, our group stayed at a campsite away from the city. We were a bit isolated from other tourists but after a short boat ride, we found ourselves in the centre of Venice. This city was the second one in Italy that I spent a lot of my time in hospitals, waiting to get injections for my "tonsilits" (was actually glanudular fever). On my wonderings looking for a pharmacy on the island the hospital was on, I did however get to see some old and very beautiful buildings.
I did also manage to make it in time to join in on the Gondola rides, which was a highlight in Venice for me. We spent some time in small groups on the Gondolas cruising through the waterways and taking in the atmosphere and buildings surrounding us. Definitely something I recommend for anyone thinking of traveling to Venice.
There was a beach party we had at our campsite one night which was great fun. I bought a top that I got my Contiki group to sign for memories sake, and some people in our group took part in a wrestling and wet T-shirt competition, which was entertaining to see.
Venice was very different to what I expected and the whole hospital experience probably did make it seem worse in my eyes. But I would love to go back and see a bit more of the city if I had the chance.

Next stop: Munich.

No comments:

Post a Comment