Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Europe Trip: Paris












Sorry if I post photos that I've already posted before, but there will be new photos too I promise so no need to fret. 

So I'm finally getting around to writing about my Europe trip. I was on a Contiki tour in case anyone was wondering, which is a trip around Europe that you book beforehand and you travel with a group on a coach to the countries your specific tour visits. Want to know more? Click here. The reason I chose to do a group tour was because I was traveling alone and my sense of direction would have easily gotten me lost in every destination I visited, as well as the fact that I didn't have to worry about meals, accomodation and some activities on Contiki.

The trip did start in London but that was only our meeting point and we moved on to Paris straight away. We took a ferry between the two countries and landed in France where we took our coach from there to our campsite. This was my second time in Paris so there wasn't anything I specifically wanted to see so I tagged along with a few people and we walked around and saw the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs Elysees, The Louvre and Notre Dame (all from the outside). I also enjoyed a hot chocolate and chocolate croissant, two things I couldn't help but search for when in Paris, but to my dismay I never found a place selling macaroons.
During the evening I tried snails with a glass of champagne, surprisingly good although a bit chewy, before we headed off to a group dinner, which by the way was one of the best dinners I have ever had. Quiche Lorraine followed by duck with an orange sauce, pretty much drooling now just thinking about it.
I also saw a Cabaret show in Paris which included free champage and a lot of really good performances, one of which was topless women dancing around. Pretty interesting end to our first destination.  

Next stop, Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment