In Australia, when you are accepted in to your first or second preference for university, you don't recieve a letter of acceptance in to any of your other preferences and just get one offer. I recieved an offer for my second preference, which is Psychology with honours at UNE in Armidale. This made me realise that I would actually rather go for my third preference which is a Bachelor of arts- Psychology at Macquarie university, which is also in Sydney and so much closer to home. I mean I was away from home for two years and I've only been back a few months and now I may have to move away for another four years. It just kind of hit me and it's tough.
So at the moment I have changed my third preference to my first and I'm waiting for late round offers, that are released on the 30th of January. I'm also trying to decide whether moving out to Armidale would actually be a better option for me. Even if I did decide to stay at home and go to Macquarie, I would still be moving away for a year as I want to do an exchange program in England, Ireland or possible even America, during my second year.
Basically I still have a lot to work out, I still have to wait for some information about UNE that should be in my letterbox any day now, I have many questions that need answering and of course I have to wait until the 30th of January to see if I even get a late round offer for Macquarie.
I know this will all work itself out in the end, but just me and big decisions don't go very well together. I'm one of those people that can't stop thinking about something until I produce an outcome that I'm actually happy with (I have even had to write out a pro's and con's list to help me out a bit). 30th of January honestly couldn't come fast enough!
Besides this massive decision that needs to be made, I had a great time camping over the weekend. I also got 6 hours driving done to add to my log book. Once I load the pictures on to my computer, be expecting a post about my weekend away.